29 Sep 5 Things to Check Before Calling a Furnace Technician
1. Look to make sure that the thermostat is set in the HEAT position.
2. Check that the temperature setting on the thermostat is set HIGHER than your indoor temperature.
3. Ensure that there is power to the furnace:
- Try turning the fan to the “ON” positon on the thermostat to test for power to furnace.
- If no action occurs, reset the breakers at the electrical panel, especially if the thermostat reveals a blank reading.
4. Is there air coming out of your vents?
- Check all of your return air grilles and registers. Make sure they are not blocked by furniture but are open and blowing air.
5. Check to see if your filter needs to be changed.
- HVAC filters should be changed about once a month to ensure the best performance in your comfort system. When thinking about when to change your filter don’t forget to include any time that there is a high volume of foot traffic.
- Holidays and times when doors will be open more often might necessitate you change the filter more, as well as pet dander.
- In addition, we offer our exclusive Essential Filter Program. When you sign up, your filters will be automatically sent directly to your doorstep every 6 months. To order, call today 800.659.3491.
For more information on things to try before calling a furnace technician, view our informational video.
If all of these things are in working order then it really is time to call Airtron for a complete inspection of your furnace unit. Don’t try to diagnose any serious issues. Not only could you hurt yourself or others, you could void the warranty on your furnace and may be responsible for major repairs.